September 2006


Well I have been poked and prodded enough this month. It was an exciting month tho. Chuck got to hear the heartbeat at our first appointment. Everything is going along well, the bleeding has stopped and I'm looking forward to an uneventful rest of the pregnancy, especially since the first trimester was pretty darn easy considering I had no clue!

Because of my age (38) I was asked to consider an amnio, but we decided against that I just going to have the extra blood work (Quad screen). I had a level II u/s scheduled at Maternal Fetal Medicine at the hospital the end of October, so everything was going along smoothly. Well until I got a call on a Wednesday saying that I needed to go for the Level II u/s tomorrow because my AlphaFeta Protein results came back high. Luckily, my nurse practitioner had forewarned me that due to my heavy bleeding in the first trimester this indicator might come back high.

So the u/s took over 30 minutes, they took pictures of everything, paying special attention to the spine and brain. It was still too early to get a good picture of the heart. But we have another u/s scheduled for next month. Nothing abnormal appeared. Thank God!

We are still in shock, and I think we will be for a long while. We now have to empty out the spare bedroom which was a storage room/office. The room is yellow with white wainscoting and we are just going to freshen up the yellow and leave it the wainscoting.

On a good note, Chuck has had some promising job leads. He might even wind up back where he was left go about 20 months ago. That company realized they can't have all their help in India and are starting to hire more people "onshore".

That's all for now.

No comments: